Friday, July 30, 2010

The Obligatory Spagetti Bolognese

A 'Paul Tradition', and still holding strong. Everywhere in the world, I can get beer (yuk) and Spaghetti Bolognese. (One such beer episode involved Dru and Todd actually aware of the taste of formaldehyde in their beer.) This Menu board in the heart (if that's the word for it) of Honiara, Guadalcanal, was at the Lyme Tree Rest. A gathering hole for mainly Aussies, and a few Kiwis, that frequent the islands. I did not actually eat it here, I had mine at the Agnes Lodge on Munda, two days later, and again, a second time. Not good, not bad. Interesting, every since the "civil war" as Dru calls it, an international police force was formed, and the islands are "policed" by white cops that have duty assignments anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. With rotations home. Todd gave me a hard time about walking up to an officer, and accoriding to him I started out the conversation with a male officer from New Zealand with, "I'm not from around here . . . " but I don't recall it that way. Interesting how a young brain works, versus an older, more mature one is.

No comments:

Post a Comment