Friday, July 2, 2010

Nine days out. Thinking about what to take.


Once again, Patricia came up with a dandy idea or two. Yes, we are taking masks, fins, have our Hep A & B, Typhoid, Tetanus shots, and will start our Malaria pills next Friday the 9th! But, as in trips to Fiji in the past, I like to mingle with the local chiefs and like to present small tokens of my appreciation to them. I am taking a slew of "Speedy Sharp" knife blade sharpeners along. Love the damn things, use them at home (for kitchen knives and scissors) and at the shop (on our business card slitter). One to two swipes with the carbide part of the hone and razor sharp. She suggested knives, but I am not too sure customs will go along with that, since we go through two different countries to get there. In the past, I have taken gloves, which I will do again. But Patricia mentioned underwater swimming goggles, not dive masks, fish line and lures, but won me over with Polaroid pictures. They still make the cameras and film, and surprisingly Tara and I had an old camera that takes the 600 film, so this weekend, I will be purchasing several packages of film and adding that to my collection.

1 comment: